In the case of recruitment, the recruiters generally take consideration of the proper skill sets, educational qualifications, and work experience when searching for a candidate to fill the vacant positions in their organizations. Most of the organizations and the companies used to perform some sort of pre-employment candidate screening tests before hiring them in their companies, such as the criminal background check of the candidate, their previous work history, and also some other various skill assessment testing methods. But as a recruiter, you always have to be sure that you are hiring a candidate who is best in his ability to do the work, as well as for your organization he will be the best and cultural fit. As the employees are the biggest assets of any organization or the company, so the recruiters need to be sure that they are hiring the best and right-fit candidates for their companies. As an example, a candidate may have all the required qualifications, and skillsets for the job position looks like the ideal candidate for the job role, but if they are used to work with the different hierarchical organization themes, then they may not be an ideal match for the organization or company culture. There is a solution that you can utilize to make the recruitment process easier and better. But first, you make sure that you have prepared a profile for the ideal candidate at your desired job role, then you can invite the candidates who applied for the interview, and then you can conduct several personality tests to know if they are the best fit for your company culture along with some personality questionnaire.
As a basic definition, we can say the Personality Questionnaire is a recruitment tool that can be used in any recruitment process. By implying this recruiting tool, to the interviewing candidates, it allows the recruiter team, as well as the HR, and also the interviewers to get the full view of a candidate along with his/her personality traits, his/her appearance, as well as his/her attitude towards the work and the abilities to be a good cultural fit for the organization.
All personality questionnaires may not be the same, maybe the same, as it always varies in terms of the actual quality of the candidate, the job role and also the number of applicants applied for the job role.
There is some basic importance of the personality questionnaire for every recruitment purposes. When you have got several applications resumes, for suitable and ideal candidates based on their education, skills, and experience for your job role, then you may be facing the sweet problem to get over from this situation for narrowing them down by shortlisting purposes without getting biased.
In this situation, you need this Personality Questionnaire recruitment tool, by this, it can be easier to shortlisting the candidate pool. It also helps you to find the actual organizational fit candidates for your company and allows you to make better recruitment.
As an example, think about recruiting a developer or software engineer, then you might have to find a candidate who possesses a curious personality, along with the puzzle-solving skills. Now thinking about recruiting a business analyst you have to find a candidate who possesses an analytical mind and critical thinking skills. This is what I am saying, this personality questionnaire will help to find you a candidate who possesses both the required skills and the personality for the job role and the company too.
1. First, you have to make sure that you and your existing working team are aware of the tool personality questionnaire and regarding its use on the candidate, and also it’s purposes.
2. You can imply several personality tests for the candidates, who applied for the job role in your company. You can develop the personality questionnaire sets by using many years of research and analysis, or sometimes you can involve your existing employees to get that.
3. There are different personality traits, each trait consists of different questions sets, and can be measured differently.
4. After developing the question sets you can simply use the questions on your other pre-employment assessment. Throughout the process, you can score each personality traits based on the candidate’s answer regarding the questions. The next part is to compare the score of that candidate with others, who’ve applied for the same position. Thus, you can be able to get an idea about the creativity and ability of that candidate compares to the rest of the population.
5. You can also get an idea about the consistency of the candidate by comparing their scores. As an example, if you compare the answers to the same questions you have given to all of the candidates, you get to know whether the candidate answers you consistently, along with his thoughts or only just based on the neutral answers.
6. After the test has been done, show the scores to your interview board team and discuss it with them. Thus, easily you can decide on the right fit candidate for your vacant job role and obviously for your organizational culture.
7. One more thing, be aware of cheating! As some candidates are there who generally answers to the questions, like the way you want to hear from them or the answers you will like the most. Thus, their true personality will not be revealed to you, and you will not be able to get the right fit candidate for your company. So be sure about it, and explain the candidates about the purpose of the questionnaire.
Some basic personality questionnaire sets are used by the recruiters to get the best cultural fit candidates for the organization. Below are some:
The Caliper Profile: This allows recruiters to assess the candidate’s personality traits and their ability for job performance.
Myers – Briggs Type Indicator: This allows to know whether the candidate is the right fit or not.
Hogan Personality Inventory: The best predictor of the ability of the candidate for job performance.
HEXACO Personality Inventory: Identifies the candidate with the right personality, along with the potentialities for the job role and the organization.
Every personality questionnaire sets have three types of question sets, they are Ipsative, Normative and Tricky questions respectively. Among them the Normative question is the format that the candidate will answer by agreeing or disagreeing, the Ipsative question finds at which section the candidates have agreed most or the disagreed most and the last Tricky questions, finds out the social desirability of a candidate.
– The tool personality questionnaire provides a holistic view of a candidate, like a glimpse beyond his/her resume, thus a better understanding of the candidate.
– It helps the recruiters to narrow down the candidate pool by shortlisting them without getting biased personally.
– It allows the recruiters to hold a more informed interview for his/her company, which will also increase the brand value.
– As it will be a data-driven recruiting method, by using data from the candidate’s answers, the whole process will be less biased.
– It also enables recruiters to strengthen his/her existing-working team by ensuring the cultural fit for the organization, also it will make the workplace more relevant to the employees.
Everything has its drawbacks, like this also has. Personality Questionnaire may be a very good candidate selecting tool, but it is a much longer process and consumes a lot of time and effort from the recruiting team. Also, it is just a guiding recruitment tool, do not make the total hiring decision only based on its outcomes.
The above passages show you the usefulness of the personality questionnaire recruiting tool, for making a better recruitment process. If it is being used in the right way, then it can improve recruitment, but it should be implemented thoughtfully and have been understood right. And make sure that you are using the tool just for the guiding purpose, not for decision-making purposes. Combine this tool with other pre-employment assessments and get the advantage of it.
Thank you for reading the full article. If you find this article helpful, then, comment below and let me know. And also do not forget to share this with your friends and colleagues. Also, if you have something to add up in this article by thinking that something went missing in this article, then comment below and let us now.